Engaging in self-isolation or national lockdown is not easy. If you have children, things are even tougher. Fortunately various tech companies are here to help. Christian Cawley and Gavin Philips look at the latest developments, from free Amazon Prime and Audible to top YouTube channels for 24/7 entertainment.
We also have some thoughts on enforced home schooling (as opposed to the planned variety).
Really Useful Podcast Season 5 Episode 8 Shownotes
We start off this week looking at how Big Tech is helping families deal with the unscheduled school holidays happening across the Northern Hemisphere
- Rent movies still playing in theatres
- Use Scribd free for 30 days
- Get Audible Stories for free
- Enjoy Amazon Prime Video free
We’ve got some personal ideas on how to cope with lockdown as a family and as individuals, too.
- Get your kids fit daily with Joe Wicks, The Body Coach
- Chill out daily with your kids thanks to Cosmic Kids Yoda
- Learn daily with Maddie Moate and Greg Foot
- Astronaut Scott Kelly shares his self-isolation tips
- How Sir Walter Raleigh coped with incarceration in the Tower of London
This week, MakeUseOf is giving away an awesome customizable electronic pixel art backpack
You can leave a review on Apple Podcasts to help us reach more listeners. You’ll find us on:
See you next week for the final show of the current run.
Read the full article: Lockdown Entertainment for Families